Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept for you in heaven, who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. 1 Peter 1:3-5

Sunday, October 7, 2007

the past few weeks

These past few weeks have been really good and hard at times. Last weekend, I went home for the first time in 4 months. It was really weird to be back in Louisville. At first it felt like I was going back to a former life I had had in the distant past, but by Sunday it was feeling like home again, just in time for me to come back to Lakeshore. The weekend was great overall: I got to see a beautiful, Christ-honoring wedding and spend some time with friends I hadn't seen in a long time. It was, however, hard to leave because I so desire to be there for the Fullertons. I live with them and Ryan is the preaching pastor at my church; Christy, his wife, has breast cancer and will be starting treatment soon. I know, though, that God is sovereign and knew the timing of all these things when I extended my time here. So, when I got on the plane to come back, I was glad that I had excitement to come back to Lakeshore.

Since I have been back, it has been very busy for me. There was a team here from Providence Baptist Church in Franklin, MA this past week and I was able to spend a lot of time with them. I met them in June when they came down and became good friends with two sisters, Mandy and Jessica. So, I was really looking forward to seeing them again, and this time I was able to meet their parents as well. I worked with them out on the job sites all week and we talked and played games together at night; it was a blast! I think I ate about a year's worth of desserts in that week, but I had such a great time with them all. Now I am at the last month of my time here in Mississippi and it's hard to believe. I pray that God will bear a lot of fruit from this last month, that I will be very diligent in my online coursework, and not be anxious to get back to Louisville, but take each day and serve God wholly where I am, all for His glory.

P.S. I hope to post some pictures of the last few weeks soon!

3 comments:

Joel Cupp said...

You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers :)

Anonymous said...

I was wondering where you were!?! I couldn't rememeber if you were staying until October or thru October. The Lord will use you mightily these next few weeks ---
I can feel it!!
I am sure that later on, you will continue to miss Lakeshore as the rest of us do. I am longing for my 6 month fix of Ms Bea's warm hugs + smiles...
Your friend's wife will feel your prayers surrounding her when you commit her healing boldly to the Lord. She will appreciate your support when you do return in person so do not fret ;>)
God Bless you, Kristy.

Anonymous said...

Joel Cupp is a pervert and child molester.