Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept for you in heaven, who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. 1 Peter 1:3-5

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

two weeks

I have been back two weeks today and the time has flown. So much has happened and yet at times I feel like I haven't done much. I have mainly been working on my online course for medical transcriptioning, helping out with the Fullerton kids a bit, running a lot of errands to try to get my life back in order, and spending time with friends. For those of you who don't know, I live with the preaching elder at my church, Ryan Fullerton, and his family. His wife, Christy, found out she had cancer a few months ago, just days before the birth of their 4th child. She has had surgery to remove the cancer, but is not undergoing chemotherapy treatments. The Lord is amazing in His timing because I had planned on coming back from Lakeshore on November 6th because my best friend was due to have a baby on the 15th. Then everything came up with Christy having cancer and she started chemo exactly one week before I came back. Now I'm here and have had a bit of time to settle back in without having to do too much because Ryan's mom, Pam, has been here for several weeks pouring herself out in service for her son's family. Overall, Christy has been in good health so far, but is told that the cumulative effect of the chemo will make her sicker and sicker probably. So, she will have her 2nd chemo treatment today and Pam will be here for another week. The Lord is so good and I am just praying that I will have strength from Him to serve the Fullertons in whatever way I will be needed over the next several months. Thank you to the many of you who are praying for the Fullertons; Christy has been very encouraged and says she knows it is because so many saints are praying for them. I will write more later, I must do some school work for now!

P.S. Today is my mom's birthday. Thank you mom, for serving me for many years as you were raising me, I am thankful to the Lord for you. Happy Birthday, I love you!

No comments: