Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept for you in heaven, who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. 1 Peter 1:3-5

Thursday, August 30, 2007

J.C. Ryle's Holiness

In recent weeks I have become somewhat of an avid blog reader. I was given a list of good blogs by Jamie, and I have thoroughly enjoyed this new practice. One of the blogs I frequent most is by a man named Tim Challies. Soon after I started reading his blog regularly, Mr. Challies proposed to his readers that they endeavor to read a classical work together. After much positive response, it was decided that they would read through J.C. Ryle's classic book on personal holiness titled Holiness. I have committed to reading this book, along with many other of Challies' blog readers, and we have just finished the introduction. I am looking forward to reading this work, praying that it will be of much benefit to the church as a whole, bringing deeper personal holiness to those of us reading it. I think it will be a good endeavor and I pray God will be glorified. For more information on how you can get involved in reading this book along with us, go to Reading the Classics Together and follow the links within the article. There's still time to join in and I hope you will consider so doing and that it may be great benefit to our sanctification!

No comments: