Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept for you in heaven, who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. 1 Peter 1:3-5

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Departing with friends...

Last Saturday two people from my home church in Louisville, Immanuel, came up to work for the week. Mike, Lisa, Doug, and I worked with an electrician and a builder from Massachusetts, Rob and Bob, on many different projects this week. I think the most fun I had this week was helping Rob wire a house from the start with my friends from back home. It was so good to see friends from Immanuel and hang out and work alongside them. Today, however, I had to say good-bye to them as they all head back to Kentucky. It is so interesting how even mere acquaintances can become such dear friends after being together down here for a few days, let alone a whole summer. I began to cry a bit as they were heading out and I'm not even really sure why. In part, it will be lonelier here with Lisa, Mike, and Doug gone. Also, the idea that they are heading back to Louisville appeals to me as well, as I miss my church family there greatly. Lastly I think, it is overwhelming for me to think about directing teams here with Jamie and Doug gone. Jamie left on Tuesday to visit some friends in Florida for a week, so she will be back, but between now and the time she gets back about 150 people will come and go and it will be the first time I'll be without her here to guide me in giving them jobs. So, with all those things combined, I find myself writing this note with a lingering sense of sadness. I am confident, though, that the Lord is sovereign and He is completely in control of this situation and is using it for my sanctification and that it will be good, even though I know it will be hard. Good does not always mean easy, and, I've found, in the true Christian life it often doesn't mean easy. I pray the Lord would increase my trust in Him as my portion, my hope, and that He would be glorified for it.

4 comments:

Joel Cupp said...

Kristy,
Know that you are in my prayers, now more so than ever :)

His,
Joel

Paula said...

You can do this, Kristy!!!
God Bless ;>)

Kristy Miller said...

Thank you both for the encouragement. The Lord is faithful!

Living by His grace,
Kristy

Julo said...

We spent 4 wonderful years at Southern in Louisville and leaving precious friends has been the most difficult part of being in full time ministry. I also miss Moe's Burritos, Sweet Surrender, rolling green hills, Huber's Orchards, the Kidzone at the Science Center, Meijer, Hobby Lobby...OK. Sorry. I'll stop now. I hope you're doing better. I really enjoy your blog!